A sweet way to transform plain chicken tenders into a tasty dish is to crust it with coconut flakes and panko breadcrumbs for a crispy coating. These tenders paired with the sweet chili sauce will give you major beach vibes.
I personally love coconut shrimp, so this recipe is a little play on that! These are a little on the lighter side so you'll feel guilt free! These are baked till golden brown, you won't miss that deep fry crisp here.
However, this recipe can be fried in a shallow fry if that's the way you'd like to prepare it.
I hope you enjoy!
Baked Coconut Panko Crusted Chicken Tenders with Sweet Chili Dipping Sauce
Yield: 6 servings
1.5-2 pounds chicken tenders
1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
1 ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp garlic seasoning salt
½ tsp kosher salt
½ tsp fresh cracked pepper
1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
Sweet Chili Sauce
¼ cup plus 2 tbsp Thai sweet chili sauce
1 tbsp lime juice
3 tsp sriracha
1 tsp soy sauce
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
2. Using a food processor or high speed blender, place the shredded coconut into the food processor and pulse a few times to ensure that the shredded coconut is finer than the shredded pieces. (This helps to coat the chicken better than just leaving shredded)
3. To prep the dredging station: In a medium size bowl, whisk the eggs, a dash of water, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Set aside. In another medium size bowl, combine the panko, coconut, garlic seasoning salt, paprika, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Set aside. Season the chicken tenders lightly with salt and pepper on both sides.
4. Dip and coat each piece of the chicken into the egg wash, then coat and press into the panko coconut mixture. Place onto the baking sheet. Repeat. *Make sure all pieces are spaced for crisping.
5. Drizzle with olive oil. Bake for 13-15 minutes until golden brown.
6. Meanwhile, in a small mixing bowl combine all the sauce ingredients with a whisk and set aside.
7. Once done, serve on a platter with the sauce and garnish with cilantro